February 6, 2018
Walleye score five unanswered goals to defeat Nailers
(Wheeling, WV) – The Walleye took down the Nailers 6-2 on Tuesday night in Wheeling. Matej Machovsky stopped 32 of 34 shots to improve to 10-7-0-1 on the season. The Walleye are 30-12-2-2 on the season and 13-8-2-2 on the road.
Christian Hilbrich scored a power play goal at 9:08 of the first period to give the Walleye a 1-0 lead. The Nailers tied the game 1-1 with a power play goal at 17:43 of the first.
The Nailers took a 2-1 lead at 7:41 of the second period. Dylan Sadowy scored on the power play at 10:24 of the second to tie the game 2-2. The Walleye took a 3-2 lead with a goal by Connor Crisp to make it a 3-2 game.
Mike Embach extended the Walleye lead to 4-2 with a goal at 2:06 of the third period. Erik Bradford scored a power play goal at 12:27 of the third to make it a 5-2 Walleye lead. Crisp scored his second of the game with a short-handed, empty net goal at 18:35 of the third to make it 6-2 Walleye.
- The Walleye return home on Friday and Saturday for a 7:15 p.m. puck drop against Kansas City and Sunday for a 5:15 p.m. puck drop against Wichita.
- Machovsky stopped 32 of 34 shots and is now 10-7-0-1 on the season.
- Ryan Obuchowski leads the Fish with seven points vs. Wheeling this season.
- Mike Embach has four points in his first two games as a Walleye.
- The Walleye finished 3/6 on the power play and scored one short handed goal.