August 13, 2015
Walleye release 2015-16 promo schedule
TOLEDO WALLEYE 2015-16 SEASON WILL BE ACTION-PACKED AND FUN-FILLED
Banners Raised, Exciting Theme Nights and Great Giveaways
The Huntington Center is the place to be this winter for all of the fun and excitement of Toledo Walleye hockey! The upcoming season is loaded with exciting theme night promotions, great giveaways, as well as awesome opportunities to hang out with the players on and off the ice!
T-Town Hockey 2015-16 Opens on November 7 against Adirondack
It's time to 'Attack Adirondack'! The puck drops at 7:15 p.m., but you'll want to arrive early for the first-ever Opening Night Craft Beer Bash, taking place from 5-7 p.m. in the Aquarium. Packages are $50 and include an Opening Night game ticket, a dozen 3-ounce beer samples, a souvenir puck bottle opener, and an all-you-can-eat buffet with soft drinks. Craft Beer Bash tickets for designated drivers are $40. Before the puck drops, we'll raise the banner for the Walleye winning the ECHL's Brabham Cup for the best record during the 2014-15 regular season. After the game, fans can grab a Walleye magnet schedule, courtesy of ABC Warehouse!
Theme Nights/Special Events & Appearances/Giveaways
Wear those costumes to the Huntington Center and join the fun of our upcoming theme night celebrations! Many nights will include special videos, music, food, fanwear, and on-ice contests tied to that theme. And did we mention FREE stuff?! We'll announce the full giveaway slate soon, including three bobblehead giveaways on Friday, January 15, Sunday, February 21, and Saturday, March 12.
Postgame Party with the Players
Fans meet their favorite Walleye players in the Club Level at four Friday night home games this season. It's free and open to anyone with a ticket for that game. It's a great chance to score autographs and selfies!
- November 27
- January 15
- March 18
- April 8
Open Skate with the Walleye
After every Sunday game, fans can bring their skates and hit the Huntington Center ice for a postgame skating session. It's free to anyone with a ticket for that game. Walleye players will skate with the fans on select dates:
- January 3
- February 28
- March 13
Throughout the season the Toledo Walleye recognize different groups and organizations for their dedication and passion.
- November 19- Senior Appreciation Day
- January 29- Veteran's Appreciation Night
- March 13- Faith and Family Night
The Huntington Center will be rocking during our School Appreciation Days! Puck drops at 10:30 a.m. Each school that attends receives hockey-based school curriculum and be entered to win a $1,000 grant for their school from the Walleye Wishing Well fund. Transportation assistance grants are also available. Go to www.toledowalleye.com for more information. Imagination Station joins the fun with interactive science experiments during the first and second intermissions.
- November 19
- December 16
Before the game students have the opportunity to learn about the sports industry directly from the sports and entertainment professionals at Career Day. The event runs from 9:00 a.m. - 9:45 a.m. Call Chad Huffman at 419-725-9255 to find out how your school can participate.
- All students will receive a specially-designed Walleye School Folder at the end of the game.
- NES Night 2015 is the 30th anniversary of the iconic Nintendo Entertainment System. The Walleye will celebrate during the November 21 game by wearing special edition 8-bit Nintendo inspired jerseys. Fans can bid on the game-worn jerseys during a live auction immediately following the game with proceeds benefitting a local charity.
- Frozen Princess Night Just let it go and enjoy an evening with your little princess. The Walleye will host a pregame tea party featuring Laurel's Princess Parties. Ana and the Snow Queen from Frozen will be featured for two songs, and will take photos and sign autographs for your little princesses. Tickets include a game ticket and the pregame tea party. During the game, Ana and the Snow Queen will be available for photos on the main concourse.
- Santa Claus Comes to T-Town -- Santa will make a pre-Christmas appearance at the Huntington Center for photos with good little boys and girls of all ages!
- Sing for Santa-- Get in tune with students from other schools to make one giant 'Sing for Santa' choir and perform a selection of holiday songs to the crowd during the first and second intermissions. Choir tickets are only $13, contact Cassandra Creer at 419-725-9275 for more information.
- Teddy Bear Toss-- Be beary generous and bring a teddy bear to the Huntington Center, and toss it onto the ice after the first Walleye goal! All teddy bears will be donated to local charities.
- Battle of the Badges-- Support the Toledo Police and Fire hockey teams as they hit the ice for the annual Battle of the Badges charity hockey game at 3:30 p.m. Tickets are $13 each, which also includes admission to the Walleye game vs. Manchester at 7:15 p.m. A portion of the proceeds will benefit Toledo Police and Local 92 charities.
- Star Wars vs. Star Trek Night-- Which iconic sci-fi series do you prefer? Fans can take sides by dressing up as their favorite character, and sit in designated Star Wars and Star Trek fan sections. Contests during the game will pit the sides against each other, for chances to win great prizes! Star Wars Character Dinner! Join us for an intergalactic pregame all-you-can-eat buffet dinner with an exclusive chance to take photos with your favorite Star Wars characters.
- Postgame Boy Scout Jamboree-- After the game, boy scouts will have a fun and educational postgame party at the Huntington Center, including meeting players and mascots. Go to www.toledowalleye.com/scouts for more information. Our other jamboree night is Feb. 20.
December 26 - January 9 - Walleye WinterfestWalleye Winterfest returns during the holiday season with a full slate of fun family events at the Huntington Center and surrounding venues.
- Winterfest includes four one-hour open skating sessions at the Huntington Center between 12:30 p.m.-5:15 p.m., followed by the Walleye taking on Wheeling at 7:15 p.m. Tickets include admission to the game and one open skate session. Skate rentals are available on site!
- Winterfest 419 Night celebrates the Toledo region featuring activities and entertainment from many of our Winterfest partners. The Walleye will wear 419 themed jerseys, which will be auctioned off after the game to benefit local charities.
- Walleye New Year's Eve Party is back at the BirdCage restaurant at the ballpark. The inclusive ticket package allows party-goers to get your groove on with dance music, enjoy a great food, open bar, and toast the New Year with a fantastic fireworks display.
- Winterfest Open Skate Event has an oncore performance with four one-hour open skating sessions between 12:30 p.m.-5:15 p.m., followed by the Walleye taking on Ft. Wayne at 7:15 p.m. Tickets include admission to the game and one open skate session.
- Superhero and Villain Night at Winterfest has the Walleye taking on the-Komets. The night features special characters appearing throughout the night, along with a Superhero photo booth, face painters and much more.
- Spike's Winterfest Birthday Bash-- T he Walleye will host a big birthday party for its mischievous mascot, Spike, who will be joined by all of his mascot friends. Enjoy cake and ice cream, and of course, photos with the mascots. Birthday bash tickets include the party and admission to the Walleye game.
- Walleye Winterfest Brewfest returns to the ballpark in 2016. Tap into a beer lover's wintertime paradise. Beer beginners and experienced enthusiasts will get to sample more than 250 beers from over 50 breweries while enjoying live music around the ballpark concourse.
Bobblehead Series Giveaway #1 takes a preseason FINatics vote to decide our bobblehead series for the 2015-16 season. 2,000 bobbles will be passed out upon entrance.
- February 21 - Bobblehead Series Giveaway #2
- March 12 - Bobblehead Series Giveaway #3
- Polish Heritage Night-- Join us for a pregame all-you-can-eat Polish buffet and entertainment throughout the night, presented by Stanley's Market. For tickets, contact Hannah Tyson at 419-725-9258.
- Don Cherry Jersey Night has you wearing your most colorful suit, shirt and tie combination to the Huntington Center, and joining us for a special night paying tribute to the colorful hockey TV analyst. The Walleye will wear Don Cherry theme night jerseys, which will be auctioned off live after the game to benefit local charities.
- Hockey and Hops Beer Tasting-- Your taste buds will thank you for treating them to delicious craft beer samples and an all-you-can-eat buffet during this pregame event. Tickets are $47 which includes the beer tasting event and the Walleye game vs. Brampton.
• Our final Hockey and Hops Beer Tasting event is on February 26
- Toledo Hockey Heritage Night-- The Toledo Walleye will celebrate the rich hockey tradition here in the Glass City. The night will feature the very first class to be inducted into the Toledo Hockey Hall of Fame.
- Princess and Pirates Night-- The Walleye will team up with Laurel's Princess Parties to bring several princess and pirate characters to the Huntington Center. Fans can interact with the characters at a special photo booth on the main concourse. For details about a special Princess and Pirates pregame party which will include an all-you-can-eat buffet and an exclusive chance to meet the characters, contact Cassandra Creer at 419-725-9275.
- Mystery Puck-- It's your chance to get an autographed puck, and the mystery is revealed after purchasing a plain paper bag with the puck inside. Pucks will be signed by current and former Walleye players, as well as current and former NHL and AHL players. Pucks are $20 each and all proceeds will benefit the Bryan Rufenach Memorial Fund.
- CatTrick's Birthday Bash-- It's a big birthday party for our favorite fish-chasing feline! Enjoy cake and ice cream, and of course, photos with the mascots. Birthday bash tickets include the party and admission to the Walleye game.
- Pink in the Rink Weekend-- The Walleye will host a special weekend to raise awareness about breast cancer as well as fundraising activities for Komen of NW Ohio. All three games that weekend will be played on pink ice!
- Green Ice, Green Beer and Green Fanwear-- It's a two-day celebration of St. Patrick's Day featuring the Walleye playing on green ice, green beer being poured, and special green Walleye fanwear available at the Swamp Shop.
- April Fools Night-- Experience April Fools Day like never before when you spend it with Spike and CatTrick. The Walleye's favorite pranksters will play the leading roles in a series of fun escapades and April Fools excitement at the Huntington Center.
- Walleye and Mud Hens Combo Event-- The Walleye will host Kalamazoo at 7:15 p.m., the Mud Hens will host Louisville at 7 p.m., and fans can purchase special combo tickets for admission to both games, as well as a special viewing party of both games at Hensville Park. That night the Walleye will wear Mud Hens theme night jerseys, which will be auctioned off live after the game to benefit local charities. The same night, the Mud Hens will wear Walleye themed jerseys.
It's going to be quite a season! Don't miss out. Game plan tickets are on sale now. Single-game tickets go on sale Friday, August 14 at 9 a.m. For more information or to purchase tickets call the box office at 419-725-WALL or visit www.toledowalleye.com.