March 3, 2018
Walleye pick up point, but fall in overtime to Stingrays
(Toledo, OH) – The Walleye fell to the Stingrays 2-1 in overtime on Saturday night. Pat Nagle stopped 19 of 21 shots and is now 28-4-3-1 on the season. The Walleye are 39-14-3-2 on the season and 24-4-1-0 at home.
Tonight’s crowd of 8,200 continued to help our record grow with our 22nd sellout this season.
Shane Berschbach stayed on the puck and snuck it behind Stingrays goaltender, Parker Milner, at 6:58 of the first period on the power play to give the Walleye a 1-0 lead. South Carolina would tie the game 1-1 with a power play goal at 14:37 with a shot that beat Nagle.
Nagle would come up with a big save on a South Carolina short-handed rush to keep the game tied midway through the third period.
South Carolina would score at 4:32 in overtime to seal a 2-1 win.
- The Walleye are in Brampton tomorrow for a 2:00 p.m. puck drop against the Beast. The team returns home on Friday, March 9th for a 7:15 p.m. puck drop against Quad City.
- Nagle stopped 19 of 21 shots and is now 28-4-3-1 on the season. His streak stops at ten straight wins, a new Walleye record.
- Simon Denis has eight points in his past five games.
- The sellout crowd of 8,200 continues the record of sellouts in a season with 22.
- Toledo is unbeaten in regulation over 14 games (13-0-1-0), which is a new Toledo Walleye record.