December 1, 2017
Walleye gain point, but fall to Komets in a shootout
The Walleye fell to the Komets 3-2 in a shootout on Friday night in Fort Wayne. Machovsky stopped 35 of 37 shots and is now to 2-2-0-1 on the season. Toledo is now 13-4-2-1 on the season and 7-4-2-1 on the road.
The Walleye opened the scoring with a goal by Kyle Bonis to make it 1-0 Walleye at 11:54 of the first period. The Walleye extended their lead to make it 2-0 at 19:46 of the first period with a goal by Erik Bradford.
The Komets pulled within a goal to make it a 2-1 game at 3:45 of the third period. The Komets tied the game 2-2 at 5:09 of the third.
The Walleye fell in the shootout 2-0.
- The Walleye return home Saturday for a 7:15 p.m. puck drop against the Fuel.
- Kyle Bonis has a goal in three straight games.
- Erik Bradford has a point in his past three games.
- Tyler Barnes has seven points (one goal, six assists) vs. Fort Wayne this season. Christian Hilbrich has four goals vs. Fort Wayne this season. Kyle Bonis has five points (three goals, two assists) vs. Fort Wayne this season.
- Machovsky stopped 35 of 37 shots and is now 2-2-0-1 on the season.