April 7, 2018
Walleye defeat Fuel in overtime in final game of regular season
(Indianapolis, IN) – The Walleye defeated the Fuel 5-4 in overtime on Saturday night in Indy. AJ Jenks picked up three points and Pat Nagle stopped 34 of 38 shots and is now 37-6-3-1 on the season. The Walleye finish the regular season with a 50-17-3-2 record and a 22-10-2-2 road record.
Indy would strike first when former Walleye forward, Josh Shalla, found the back of the net just 1:35 into the first period to make it 1-0.
The Fuel would extend their lead to 2-0 just 1:05 into the second period with a shot that beat Nagle. Patrick McCarron sent a pass to AJ Jenks, who found the back of the net at 14:22 to cut the Fuel’s lead to 2-1. Dylan Sadowy buried his shot in the corner of the net at 17:29 and tied the game 2-2.
Colin Jacobs sent a pass up to Charlie O’Connor, who passed the puck over to Connor Crisp, who tipped his shot into the back of the net at 2:41 of the third period to make it 3-2 Walleye. Shalla scored his second of the game at 10:24 to tie the game 3-3. Shalla completed his hat trick at 17:43 to give Indy a 4-3 lead. Jenks scored his second of the game at 19:45 to tie the game 4-4.
Patrick McCarron scored just 1:31 into overtime to give the Walleye the 5-4 victory.
- The Walleye are home Friday night for the playoffs with a 7:35 p.m. puck drop against TBD.
- Nagle stopped 34 of 38 shots and is now 37-6-3-1 on the season.
- Shane Berschbach has nine points (4G, 5A) in his past seven games.
- Kyle Bonis leads the Walleye against the Fuel with 11 points (4G, 7A) in eight games vs. the Fuel this season.
- Toledo is 23-2-1 all-time vs. Indy.