March 10, 2018
Walleye continue sellout record in victory over Mallards
(Toledo, OH) – The Walleye defeated the Mallards 4-2 on Saturday night in Toledo. Pat Nagle stopped 32 of 34 shots and is now 30-4-3-1 on the season. The Walleye are 42-14-3-2 on the season and 26-4-1-0 at home. The crowd of 8,165 marked our 23rd sellout of the season, helping the record continue to grow.
Quad City would take a 1-0 lead at 5:26 of the first period when former Walleye forward Alex Globke found the back of the net. Kyle Bonis’ (20th) shot would sneak past Mallards goaltender, Eric Hartzell at 10:58 to tie the game. At 11:34 of the frame, Kevin Gibson (3rd) picked up the rebound on Mike Embach’s shot and fired it past Hartzell to give the Walleye a 2-1 lead. Ryan Obuchowski (5th) would skate through traffic and fire a shot at 19:24 to extend the Walleye lead to 3-1.
Quad City would cut the lead to 3-2 at 17:36 of the third period. Tyler Barnes (14th) would seal the deal with an empty net goal at 19:44 of the frame to give the final score of 4-2.
- The Walleye are home on Sunday for a 5:15 p.m. puck drop against Indy.
- Nagle stopped 32 of 34 shots and is now 30-4-3-1 on the season. He’s 12-0-2 in his past 14 games, a Toledo Walleye record for longest goaltender unbeaten in regulation streak.
- Simon Denis is on an eight-game point streak with 12 points (1G, 11A).
- Mike Borkowski has five points in his last three games (3G, 2A).
- The Walleye are unbeaten in regulation in their past 16 games at home (15-0-1), which is the longest streak in Walleye history.