February 3, 2018
Nagle picks up 20th win as Walleye defeat Fuel
(Indianapolis, IN) – The Walleye defeated the Fuel 4-2 on Saturday night in Indy. Pat Nagle stopped 44 of 46 shots and is now 20-4-2-1 on the season. The Walleye are 29-12-2-2 on the season and 12-8-2-2 on the road.
Patrick McCarron scored just one minute into the first period to give the Walleye a 1-0 lead. Christian Hilbrich extended the Walleye lead to 2-0 at 15:25 of the first.
Indy would score on the powerplay to pull within a goal at 19:42 of the second period to make it a 2-1 game.
Mike Embach scored his first goal in a Walleye uniform to make it a 3-1 game at 15:42 of the third period. The Fuel responded with a goal at 16:46 of the third to make it a 3-2 Walleye lead. Kyle Bonis sealed the deal scoring an empty net goal at 19:19 of the third.
- The Walleye are in Wheeling on Tuesday for a 7:05 p.m. puck drop. The team returns home on Friday and Saturday for a 7:15 p.m. puck drop against Kansas City and Sunday for a 5:15 p.m. puck drop against Wichita.
- Nagle stopped 44 of 46 shots and is now 20-4-2-1 on the season.
- Shane Berschbach has five points in his past three games.
- Mike Embach played his first game as a Walleye tonight and picked up a goal and an assist.
- The Walleye are 20-1-1 all-time vs. Indy.