July 26, 2018
Make plans for our biggest promotional nights of the year
Celebrate the tenth season of Toledo Walleye hockey at the Huntington Center with our best promotional schedule yet. From Black Panther to Blackfish, crime-fighting turtles to boy wizards, there's something for everybody this year.
Top promotions of 2018-19
- OPENING NIGHT | Saturday, October 27: We're celebrating our tenth Walleye season opener at the Huntington Center! It all kicks off with the Opening Night Tailgate Party in Hensville Park, featuring live music and Walleye-themed inflatables. Fans will score two giveaways items at the gameL a magnet schedule upon entering and rally towels at your seat. Holy Toledo! Tavern and Fleetwood’s Tap Room will have live entertainment and drink specials.
- OPENING NIGHT BREWFEST, presented by iHeart Media | Saturday, October 27: Raise your craft beer tasting glass to the Walleye at the ever-popular pregame Opening Night Brewfest. Tickets include a seat to the Opening Night game, 15 three-ounce beer samples, and an appetizer buffet that complements the beer-tasting.
- SUPERHERO MARVEL WEEKEND | Friday, November 2 and Saturday, November 3: This night is SO big and SO powerful it’s taking over the entire weekend! The team will wear specialty-themed Marvel Black Panther jerseys both nights, which will be sold through an online auction for charity. Black Panther will be on the prowl at the Huntington Center on Saturday to take pictures with fans.
- WIZARD WEEKEND | Friday, December 7 and Saturday, December 8: Fans can apparate to the Huntington Center to enjoy a night of magical fun. The concourse will be transformed into Diagon Alley! Join other muggles and wizards at the special Hogwarts Dinner Party in the Great Hall on Saturday night. The Walleye will takesthe ice wearing specially-designed Wizard jerseys, and fans are encouraged to come dressed in their favorite witch, wizard or muggle costume! Watch out: The dementors will be lurking about!
- GAME OF THRONES WEEKEND | Friday, January 4 and Saturday, January 5: Hold the door, the Walleye are amassing an army of FINatics to help them defeat the Wings of Kalamazoo. The Walleye will debut their Blackfish specialty jerseys at 'Game of Thrones Night' in Kalamazoo on Saturday, December 29. Kalamazoo will wear specialty Game of Thrones-themed jerseys in Toledo on Friday, January 4. Get ready – WINTER IS COMING.
- CCM/ECHL ALL-STAR WEEKEND, presented by ProMedica | Friday, January 18 to Monday, January 21: For the first time in Toledo hockey history the CCM / ECHL All-Star Weekend will be hosted in the Glass City!
- Friday, January 18: Monday, January 21 - Youth Hockey Tournament
- Friday, January 18: Monday, January 21 - High School Hockey Tournament
- Friday, January 18: Sunday, January 20 - Fanfest
- Saturday, January 19: All-Star Winter Brewfest
- Sunday, January 20: ECHL Hall of Fame Ceremony | Toledo Hockey Hall of Fame Ceremony & Pregame Banner Raising
- Sunday, January 20: Toledo Walleye vs. Fort Wayne Komets | Commemorative All-Star Weekend Jerseys
- Monday, January 21: CCM/ECHL All-Star Game & Skills Competition
- NICKELODEON WEEKEND | Saturday, March 2 and Sunday, March 3: OK, quick… name all your favorite Nickelodeon shows! How many can you name? Get ready, because Nickelodeon fun is taking over the Huntington Center. It will be a Nickelodeon face-off when the Walleye don Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles-themed jerseys for the weekend. The Turtles will make an appearance on both nights!
- CELEBRATE OUR HOMETOWN HEROES | Date TBD: Every home game the Toledo Walleye honor a U.S. military member who selflessly serves or has served our country. On this night, we will celebrate ALL of our Hometown Heroes. We ask fans to consider buying an extra “Hometown Hero” ticket for a veteran to enjoy the game. The Walleye will donate those tickets to area veteran organizations.
- SCHOOL EDUCATION DAYS: The arena is going to rock-and-roll during our School Education Days! Each school that attends receives hockey-based classroom curriculum and will be entered to win a $1,000 grant for their school. Last season, School Education Days set a record with 12,286 students and educators attending! Transportation assistance funds are also available. Imagination Station joins the fun and adds several interactive science experiments during the first and second intermissions.
- Thursday, November 15
- Wednesday, December 5
- TEDDY BEAR TOSS: The goal horn blows… let the Teddy Bears goooooo! What a beautiful sight, to see thousands of teddy bears raining onto the ice after the Walleye score their first goal. All the bears go to local charities. Fans are asked to bring a teddy bear to the December 1 game (or they can get one in the Swamp Shop) to toss on the ice. Help us break our record of 3,000 that was set last season.
- Saturday, December 1
- BATTLE OF THE BADGES: The rivalry continues with the 8th annual Battle of the Badges game before on December 1. Toledo Fire has dominated the game against Toledo Police: Will this year end differently? In the end charity wins — a portion of each ticket sold benefit Police and Fire charities. Your December 1 ticket gets you into the Battle of the Badges game and the Walleye game afterwards.
- Saturday, December 1
- SCOUT EXPERIENCE: Nothing tops a Walleye VIP Scout experience. Scouts get to high five the team, meet the mascots, participate in interactive learning activities, and “camp out” high above the ice on the Club Level!
- Saturday, January 26 - Boy Scout Sleepover
- Saturday, February 9 - Boy Scout Experience
- Saturday, March 2 - Girl Scout Experience
- PAWS AND PUCKS NIGHTS: Paws and Pucks is back for two dates during the season. The Huntington Center opens its doors to man and man’s best friend for the night. Pups and people sit in special sections that give the pets access to the outdoors, play area and water stations. Young fans can also take photos with their favorite Rescue Dogs characters on the main concourse during the game.
- Sunday, January 27
- Sunday, March 24
- PINK IN THE RINK WEEKEND: Let’s turn the rink PINK to raise awareness about breast cancer as well as fundraising activities for Komen of NW Ohio during Pink in the Rink Weekend. The Walleye will skate on pink ice both days.
- Friday, March 15
- Friday, March 16
- PUBLIC POSTGAME SKATES: Fans can bring their skates (or rent them) and hit the Huntington Center ice for a postgame skating session after every Sunday game. It’s free to anyone with a ticket for that game.
- Sunday, December 30
- Sunday, January 27 (Postgame Skate with the Players!)
- Sunday, February 10
- Sunday, February 17 (Postgame Skate with the Players!)
- Sunday, March 3 (Postgame Skate with the Players!)
- Sunday, March 24
- Sunday, March 31
- POSTGAME PARTY WITH THE PLAYERS: Postgame Parties with the Players are always a fan favorite! Bring your jersey or hockey stick up to the Club Level after the game to get autographs while you chat with the players. The event is free to anyone with a game ticket for that evening’s game.
- Friday, December 14
- Friday, February 1
- Friday, March 15
- Mike Eruzione Bobblehead - Saturday, November 17
- All-Star Weekend Commemorative Ornament - Friday, December 14
- 10th Anniversary Huntington Center Arena Replica - Friday, February 1
- Shane Berschbach Bobblehead - Friday, March 29
Specialty Jerseys & Charity Auctions / Raffles
- Marvel Super Hero - Black Panther - November 2-3
- Wizard Games - December 7-8
- Game of Thrones (Blackfish) - January 4-5
- All-Star Weekend Commemorative - January 20
- Nickelodeon Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles - March 2-3