Do you think you have what it takes to be a member of the Toledo Walleye? Here is your chance to prove your abilities. We will be hosting a Free Agent Tryout Camp prior to our main preseason camp.
The Free Agent Camp will be held on August 12-13, 2017 at the Huntington Center in downtown Toledo. The cost of the camp will be $375 per player (paid upon registration) and this will include three separate ice sessions, a camp jersey and a pregame meal on Saturday between ice sessions. Payment must to be made at the time of registration and there can be no refunds once you’ve registered. Players are responsible for their own lodging and meals.
If you are successful in this tryout camp, you will be invited to our main training camp in early October. Over the years a number of players from our Free Agent Tryout Camp went on to play in professional games!
If you are capable and ready to play pro hockey, this is a great opportunity. If interested, we strongly recommend you sign up as soon as possible. This is the seventh year we've hosted a free agent camp and each year the camps spots have SOLD OUT.
To sign up for the camp, please fill out the order form below. We look forward to seeing what you can do on the ice this August!
FREE AGENT CAMP NOTES
- The Toledo Walleye have the right to make the final decision on the Free Agent Camp roster based on number of players signed up at each position.
- Final camp information with hotel options will be sent after the registration period is complete.
- Each player MUST have a full set of equipment including a mouth guard and a helmet with a visor. You will not be permitted on the ice if you do not have these.
- All players must have proof of their own health insurance before signing up. (NOTE TO CANADIANS: Must have a valid US health insurance carrier in the US for this camp, ex - Blue Cross, Blue Shield, etc.
- NOTE: All goalie positions have been filled for the 2017 Free Agent Camp!
Free Agent Camp: News & Video
Free Agent Camp in the news:
- Toledo Blade (8/13/15): Walleye free agent camp has a variety of players
- Toledo Blade (8/11/14): Free agents do their best to catch attention of Walleye
- Toledo Blade (8/11/13): Free-agent camp grows for Walleye
- Toledo Blade (8/23/12): 6 free agents to get shot with Walleye
- Toledo Blade (9/14/11): Walleye prospects get invite to camp
- Toledo Blade (8/23/11): Walleye find batch of talent at camp
Free Agent Camp videos:
- YouTube: 2011 Free Agent Camp Tryouts, Pt. 1
- YouTube: 2011 Free Agent Camp Tryouts, Pt. 2
- YouTube: 2010 Free Agent Camp Tryouts, Pt. 1
- YouTube: 2010 Free Agent Camp Tryouts, Pt. 2
Free Agent Camp photos:
Registration closed for 2017